All print media (print editions), that are issued under permanent title in Ukraine with regularity of one or more issues (numbers) per year regardless of the area of distribution, circulation and method of manufacture are subjects to state registration.
State registration of the print media (print edition) (depending on the area of distribution) is held by:
- Ministry of Justice of Ukraine (countrywide print media (print edition), print media (print edition) distributed in two or more regions of the country, print media (print edition) with a foreign area of distribution);
- Departments of Justice of Ukraine in regions, Kyiv and Sevastopol cities (print media (print edition) with the local area of distribution).
The registration procedure takes about 2-2,5 months and consists of the following steps:
1. Submitting of application which contains information regarding:
- founder (individual or legal entity, the labor collective of the enterprise, institution, organization);
- address of the founder, banking details;
- associated person - individual or legal entity controlling the founder of the print media (print edition);
- name of print media (print edition);
- language/languages of print media (print edition);
- area of distribution (countrywide, local);
- program objectives (basic principles) or thematic focus;
- category of readers;
- regularity of editors office;
- format of edition;
- address of editorial;
- status of edition;
- form of edition (in accordance with designated purpose).
The application is examined within 1 month from the date of submission, after that the decision is made.
2. The decision regarding registration.
In case of absence of grounds for refusal and termination of the application approval terms, the decision for registration provision is taken.
3. Effecting of payment of state fee for registration and receipt of Certificate of state registration of print media (print edition).
Within 10 days after the decision was approved the registration authority sends the letter to applicant with the amount of state duty (varies from UAH 238,00 to UAH 1020,00 depending on the area of distribution and type) and banking details for payment. Payment is to be made within one month from the date of receipt of the indicated letter.
Certificate of state registration of print media (print edition) is issued after submission of proofs that above mention payment was made. It doesn’t have expiration date, but can be considered invalid (due to the decision of the founder or of the court and if the print media (print edition) issuance was not started within one year after the date of the Certificate receipt).
Our experts will assist you with filling in and submitting of the application forms for registration of the print media (print edition), and will control the process until the moment of the Certificate receipt!